Many people already know that grease-fighting dish soap will help with grease stains on clothing and other fabrics. What most don’t know, is that you can use the grease-fighting dish soap with a few other ingredients, to make a spot remover for set in stains!
It sounds too good to be true, but it’s not! This easy method takes no time to whip up and even less time to work on tough, set in stains.
Spot Remover for Set in Stains | Coin Laundry Raleigh NC
You will need:
- one part Dawn dishwashing liquid soap
- two parts hydrogen peroxide
- 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda for extra scrubbing power
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Use a small brush to scrub the mixture into the stained area. Rinse, if desired. Launder as usual.
- For tough stains, you can let the mixture sit on the garment for an hour or so, then launder as usual. Or treat the area a few times before laundering.
Should you have a stain that leaves it’s mark, after you’ve left the mixture an hour or longer, and laundered it, try using a bit more of the mixture. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then launder, again. It should definitely be stain free, at this point!
It is a good idea to try this mixture on an inconspicuous part of the fabric or material you intend to clean, before cleaning the spot. Hydrogen peroxide can bleach certain types of fabric. If the test spot isn’t harmed after 20-30 minutes, you’re safe to continue using your spot remover for the set in stain!
If spot cleaning stains isn’t something you’d like to try to tackle at home, consider bringing your stained items to Coin Laundry, Laundry Express! We will wash and dry all your clothing items, bedding, and tablecloths! Sometimes, washing large pieces of fabric at home is difficult with just one washer! Let our professional cleaners do it for you! For more info about our services, contact us!