Many of us can remember a time when the only way to dry our clothing once it had been laundered was to hang it outside on the clothesline. For most of us, those days are long gone as automatic dryers have taken the place of that wonderful time in generations past. Today we still see some folks who will hang their laundry outside to dry but most often the dryer inside the home is used for that purpose. Over the next couple of posts, we are going to look at drying our laundry outside and how we can do that. We are also going to look at some good reasons for drying the laundry in that way.
Line Drying Clothes in the Spring! | Laundromat Raleigh NC
One of the best reasons for drying clothes outside on the clothesline is to save money. Drying the clothes in that way is very energy efficient. The first thing you will want to do is to purchase and install an outdoor clothesline. You may have to look at a few big box stores to find one these days. Make certain that you purchase a good sturdy one. You will want to take the proper amount of time to install the clothesline properly. The following are some tips for hanging your laundry outside on the clothesline.
Tips | Laundromat Raleigh NC
- You will need a good laundry basket and some clothes pins for pinning the clothes I want to the line. As you begin to get ready to hang the clothes own to the line you will want to give them a shake before placing them on the line to reduce wrinkles. This will also keep you from having to spend a lot of time earning the clothing.
- What’s the clothes have been hung to dry you will want to fold them and place them back into your basket. Take care that you do not place them into the basket to tightly, this will mean more wrinkles.
- If you are worried about the sun fading out your clothes, make sure you choose a more shaded area for your clothes. You should note however if you have a lot of white clothing and you would like the sun to bleach those and keep them why it didn’t hang those more in the sunlight.
- If you are not happy with your towels or jeans wants they are lined dried completely did take a few minutes and tumbled them draw in your inside clothes dryer. You may also want to bring them inside and place them in the electric dryer while they are still a bit damp. This will keep them from being too stiff.
- Another good tip is to be sure the clothesline that you purchased to use is a coated one. If it is not, then it could rust leaving stains on your clothing. Always take time to make certain your clothesline is not dusty, has bird droppings on it, or anything else that can transfer to your clothes as they dry.
Laundry Express | Laundromat Raleigh NC
Laundry Express knows your time at home with family is valuable. Doing the laundry can be time consuming. We can help you with all things laundry. Come by and check out our laundromat in Raleigh NC, right here in the Triangle area. We can help you get caught up as quickly as possible and get you back to doing things that are much more fun! Stop by today!